G20 GLOBAL TWENTY - CLIMATE CHANGE
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
ON CLIMATE CHANGE
Any country not agreeing to curb emissions should be ashamed of themselves and the inadequacy of their leaders who did not know how to manage their economies for the common good. Those leaders living in denial might have the decency to stand down and allow a successor with a better grasp of the facts to take the tiller.
CLIMATE CHANGE MEETINGS OF THE PARTIES (COP)
COP 1, BERLIN, GERMANY
THE G20 HEADS OF STATE (2020) A - Z
SIX (SUGGESTED) STEPS TOWARD A COOLER PLANET
1. TRANSPORT: Phase out polluting vehicles. Governments aims to end the sale of new petrol, and diesel vehicles by 2040 but have no infrastructure plan to support such ambition. Marine transport can be carbon neutral.
3. HOUSING: On site micro or macro generation is the best option, starting with new build homes.
4. AGRICULTURE: We need trees to absorb carbon emissions from a growing population, flying, and to build new homes. Reducing food waste and promoting less energy intensive eating habits such as no meat Mondays.
5. INDUSTRY: Factories should be aiming for solar heating and onsite renewable energy generation.
6. POLITICS: - National governing bodies need to adopt rules to eliminate administrative wastages, to include scaling down spending on war machines, increasing spend on educating the public and supporting sustainable social policies that mesh with other cultures.
The World needs a Climate Action Plan to coordinate the efforts of member nations in the quest for zero carbon shipping and zero carbon land vehicles.
STATE LEADERS 2020
Andrés Manuel López Obrador
Ursula von der Leyen
G20 GLOBAL TWENTY @ 2019
A SOLAR & WIND POWERED FUTURE - Looking to a zero carbon world, where energy for life is available to everyone at affordable prices, and transport does not contribute significantly to global warming. These are part of the UN's Sustainability Development Goals.
The G20 (or G-20 or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for governments and central bank governors from:
G20 MEMBERS - The world map above is more representative of the world geographically, much the same as with the Global Ocean Commission, save for a lack of membership for the huge land mass that is North and Central Africa. Thank heavens that at least South Africa is included.
PASS THE PARCEL - The children of Burgas are the future generation who will inherit our acid oceans and depleted fish stocks if we do not do something more positive to halt the melting ice caps soon.
LINKS & REFERENCE
This website is Copyright © 2020 Cleaner Ocean Foundation Ltd. The names Miss Ocean™, SeaNet™, SeaVax™ and the blue bird and fish in flight logos are trademarks. CONTACTS The color blue is a protected feature of the trademarks.